Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Musical motivation.

It's Tuesday and you all know what that means, music post! I know you've been looking forward to this since last week.

I have a lot of music on my iPod. If I put it on shuffle then I am forever clicking away until I find something I want to hear, so I decided to make playlists. I have a playlist for moods that I frequently experience, decade playlists, and playlists to get me in a mood. I want to share my motivational playlist with you.

I am constantly adding to a playlist I call, "I'm not down". The list got its name from the Clash song and it's a list of songs that make me feel confident and motivated. I listen to these songs in the morning on my way to school or whenever I feel small. I'm not going to give you the full list because it would take an awfully long time, so here are some highlights.

I'm Not Down-The Clash


I might as well begin the list with the song that gave the list its name. This song makes me feel that no matter what happens in my day I will be okay. That's the reassurance I often need. 


As Long As I'm Singing-Bobby Darin
"As long as I'm singing, then the world's alright and everything is swinging". Bobby Darin wrote this song and it's just so up beat and jazzy. Every time I hear this it makes me feel like everything is okay just keep going. 
I'm Still Here-Yvonne DeCarlo


I bet you didn't know Lilly Munster could sing! This triumphant tune is from the musical 'Follies'. Clearly the woman in the song has been through a lot of tough times but she's celebrating the fact that she's still kicking. 



Always Look on the Bright Side of Life-Monty Python

 
My final selection for everyone is a song that never fails to make me smile. I can be having the absolute worst day and 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life' will make it so much better. This may sound odd to some people but this song really puts life into perspective. If you think you have it bad now then remember that one day you're going to die. It makes your problems seem so small and it reminds you to laugh and find the humor in life. 


Well I hope you liked the songs I listed. Maybe you have been a fan of them for years or maybe you discovered a few new tunes. Does anyone else organize their music into playlists? If so what themes do you have? 





No comments:

Post a Comment