Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Essential Halloween Tunes.

Why does Christmas music get all the attention? I know there aren't any songs specifically for Halloween but there are songs that work for the holiday. I love Halloween and I have compiled a list of songs that can help put you in a festive mood. Some are silly and some are spooky and none are the typical picks.




My Wife and My Dead Wife: Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians. 
This song is great and so is Robyn Hitchcock. If you haven't listened to "Fegmania", the album this song comes from, then go pick up a copy!


Dead Man's Party: Oingo Boingo

Beware, it is said that those who listen to this song will have it stuck in their heads for days. 

The Boogie Man: Todd Rollins


I like this song but I refuse to listen to it at night especially if I'm alone. The music is great at setting a creepy mood though.


Bark at the Moon: Ozzy Osbourne


I really like this video, I also find werewolves interesting. How could you not like Ozzy Osbourne!



Home by the Sea: Genesis

I know I'm probably going to get some flack for putting a Genesis song on here but it fits the mood. To me this song is about getting trapped in a haunted house where the spirits force you to listen to their story. There's even a whole tone scale in the song!
Danse Macabre: Camille Saint-Saens

My high school music theory teacher would play this song every Halloween. I have a bit of a soft spot for it. 

Wolf Like Me: TV on the Radio

This tune is fantastic to drive to, especially on the night of a full moon. 

Night on Bald Mountain: Modest Mussorgsky

Fantasia was my favorite movie as a child and it's my favorite movie as an adult. When I was a child I would have to leave the room when this segment came on. 

I Put a Spell on You: Screamin' Kay Hawkins

Look no further, this is the only version of this song you will ever need to hear.


What are some of your favorite tuned to listen to for Halloween? I'm always looking to add to my Halloween playlist so send me your recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment