Sunday, December 29, 2013

A look back.

At the end of each year I make a video for my family of pictures from the year. I try to make them funny, I pick out weird music and I get my family members to do voice overs. They seem to become longer and longer each year though, last year's movie was 45 minutes long! I really enjoy making what I fear will soon become a feature length film, since I get to reflect on all the events of the year. A lot of people focus on the party aspect of New Year's eve but I choose to reflect.

As I've said before, 2013 was a year of extreme highs and lows. My Mommom fell and broke her hip in May and shortly after my Poppop died. Jeremy and I stayed with her through the summer and we still sleep there a couple nights a week. I really enjoy spending time with Mommom, I've learned a lot.
Jeremy got a steady job last December and he started in January of this year, this has really given us a sense of security and I am so proud that he's such a hard worker. I also tried life as a blonde for about a month, I will never make that mistake again, there is no photographic evidence of this.

We had our beautiful ceremony in October, I thought it was the perfect day. I also dove head first into vintage collecting and blogging. I have some big things planned for the blog for 2014 so keep reading.

A lot of people make rigid resolutions for the new year but I'm flexible so mine are more like suggestions. For one thing I want to get out more and go to neat local places. There are tons of awesome things to do and shops to visit without going really far. I also want to get more serious about dressing vintage. I want to be as authentic as I possibly can, this includes the proper undergarments like a garter belt and stockings. I received a sewing machine for Christmas and I would like to make my own clothes from vintage patterns, maybe you'll see photos of one of my creations soon.


Well readers, what are some things you want to accomplish in 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment