Monday, June 24, 2013

My Lucy moment!

Well the inevitable has happened, I have a nasty case of sunburn. No matter what I do I always seem to get a sunburn, I look like a tomato person. However, the sunburn did not stop me from thrifting today.

I went to Cheapie Charlie's on Pacific ave. in Wildwood. I looked through the dress rack and quickly became discouraged, I didn't find a single vintage piece! However, I looked at a small rack by the window and thought I should sift through it, I heard that little voice in the back of my mind calling to me. Well, I'm glad I listened to that voice because that rack was loaded with vintage outfits! I purchased 4 dresses for 18 dollars! Fellow vintage lovers if you are in Wildwood you must visit Cheapie Charlies, their prices are unbeatable and they have a lot of hidden treasures.

We are staying quite a long way away from the shop and so I had to carry four wool dresses all the way back to the motel, all two miles. It was very hot today but I was so excited about my finds. Four dresses are in the bag dear readers, whatever could they be.
The happy look soon gave way to exhaustion after the heat set in.
I do want to share with you my favorite dress out of the four. I didn't dare put it on because of how scratchy it  I now know how Lucy felt in the episode where she was sunburned and she needed to put on a tweed suit! The photo doesn't do the dress justice and I can't wait to wear it in the fall and winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment