Saturday, February 8, 2014

Links for February 8th and The Beatles.

I hope you've all been enjoying February so far! I've been trying to branch out more and get out of my comfort zone, it was one of my goals for the new year.

I found out about the website "Thrift Store Runway" when I went on the thrift crawl last month. There are some great articles all about thrifting but the highlight of the site is the outfit contest. Each month you can submit a photo of yourself in an outfit that is made from thrifted pieces following a $50 budget. Four winners are selected each month and they receive a cash prize. I submitted my outfit photo last night.
I got this awesome mini dress at the Glassboro Goodwill Thursday. I believe it's from the late 60s or the early to mid 70s. 

Yesterday, my Mommom took my sister and I to the Vineland Public Library to see the Beatles exhibit that will be there all month. It's completely free to go and view the exhibit and every Beatles fan in Vineland, NJ should go see it. For more information visit: http://www.vinelandlibrary.org/pr/February_2014_Beatles_Display.htm


I had to take these shots with my phone so they're not so great. The wire art didn't show up so well. 

The exhibit celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Beatles appearance on the Ed Sullivan show. I love that their music is still celebrated today. When I was a teenager I was obsessed with the Beatles and now my sister is too, she is currently borrowing all of my Beatles records. 


                                   
Can you imagine how exciting it must have been to see this when it aired! Music has the power to change lives and The Beatles performances on the Ed Sullivan show changed a lot of lives. Tomorrow, CBS will air a special to celebrate The Beatles. For more information visit: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-marking-beatles-anniversary-with-live-multimedia-event/



3 comments:

  1. Love this! I remember the Beatles debut! I am that old! You look very pretty in your thrift store dress, I think you will win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and the very first record I ever bought was Yellow Submarine, with Nowhere man on the flip side.

      Delete
  2. I clicked on this when I saw the Beatles mentioned, but I'm commenting because THAT DRESS IS AWESOME! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete