Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Bit of ABBA. Tuesday music post.

Today I was in an ABBA mood so I chose to write about their music and specifically the style of Agnetha Faltskog and Anni-Frid Lyngstad. I became an ABBA fan in 2000 when I was 10 years old and in the fifth grade. Not only was I a fan of their music but I was extremely fond of how the women of the group dressed and their intoxicating beauty. I immersed myself in 70s style and my mother even feathered my hair each day before I went to school. Their music was very refreshing to me since the popular culture of the time was drenched in late 90s pop music made for teens and in turn that was all my peers could talk about, while I was looking for something more. Don't get me wrong, I was and still am a fan of 90s pop but as a 10 year old and now I was always looking for something more. What luck that the A*Teens released their album "The ABBA Generation" at the same time I was searching musically!


How many of you remember this?

As much as the A*Teens put their own spin on ABBA's music I'm happy they put out this album since if they didn't I would never appreciate the pure pop perfection that is ABBA. I have read hat Frida ( Anni-Frid) after hearing the demo of "Dancing Queen" wept since it was so beautiful. As a child I fell in love with their music and also with the fashion of their leading ladies. 

One of my favorite looks for Frida and Agnetha, mini dresses and tall white boots!


Look at these women! They are a vision in white

My favorite is Agnetha's white dress but Anni-Frid's print dress and boots are breathtaking as well. Anni-Frid demonstrates a perfect winter to spring transition outfit in this photo. 


My first introduction to ABBA was through an A*Teens album, after that I purchased a copy of "ABBA Gold" and became a lifelong ABBA fan. The appreciation of their music came first and a love the their style came after and both have stuck. 

Do you have a favorite ABBA song or style?

No comments:

Post a Comment