Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Vintage Surrealism

Last week I had the pleasure to work with Chris Crois Photography (https://www.facebook.com/crois6) the concept was surreal vintage. Chris, the photographer, is full of great ideas. Please visit and like his page to see more awesome photos. For those of you that have a Model Mayhem account visit his page, http://www.modelmayhem.com/3050171

He set up this fantastic set. That's my Mommom's rotary phone

Those are milk glass lamps. 


Yes, that is a real (dead) scorpion, I really love this shot, the gold paper reminds me of gold bars. 


I wanted to brush up on my knowledge of surrealism before writing this post so I consulted Wikipedia (of course). Like the Spanish Inquisition one of the key elements of surrealism is surprise. Surrealism
allowed artists to paint or photograph strange dream like images.

One of my favorite surrealist photographers other than Chris Crois Photography is Man Ray.


I love how she's posed. 

I love photographers that tell a story with their photos and have a surreal slant. Working with Chhris Crois Photography was a lot of fun, it it wasn't for this shoot I would have never gotten to play with a dehydrated scorpion. Chris also loves vintage clothing and antiques so we spent some time talking about our shared interest. A lot of his antique furniture can be seen in the photos, like the milk glass lamps. To see more photos from our shoot you can go to my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/obf0908)

5 comments:

  1. These photos are instantly captivating, deeply beautiful and rich in creativity. I really enjoyed and find myself inspired by them immensely. You look (and are) gorgeous in all of them, sweet dear.

    Big hugs & the happiest of Easter weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much Jessica, I had a lot of fun on this shoot an d it was nice that the photographer had a love for vintage fashion and antique furniture. The black dress belonged to my Mommom and she told me that it was her favorite dress in the 50s and 60s, so it was nice to give new life to it in this shoot.
      Hope you have a nice Easter weekend as well <3

      Delete
  2. Oh you are making me miss modeling! Last time I had a shoot was July 2013. Now I do shoots with the hubs or my daughter taking pics LOL Its hard to find photags but I love your photos...very my kind of thing! xox

    ReplyDelete