Thursday, July 24, 2014

In Memory of Peter Sellers

Peter Sellers died 34 years ago today. Actors and musicians make up my role models but I have never empathized with any of those people more than I have with Peter Sellers.

People are too quick to speak badly about Peter Sellers but forget that he was a very hurt man. While he reportedly did not like the documentary "Will the Real Mr. Sellers Pease Stand Up" I think it's very revealing. Although I can see why he didn't want anyone to see it since he was a very private person and the documentary is so raw.

One of my favorite parts is when he showcases his drumming skills. 

I am astounded by the amount of talent the man had. He was a drummer that was known as "Britain's answer to Gene Krupa", he was extremely interested in photography and was of course one of the greatest actors of all time. 

I wanted to have a little movie marathon to remember Peter Sellers and since it's hard for me to pick just one favorite here is what I have planned in no particular order. 

1) The Party


My absolute favorite scenes are the birdie num num scene and the scene where Hrundi V. Bakshi takes his first drink and proceeds to hop up and down on a bed. 


This is a wonderful movie to watch on father's day.

3)Being There

I wrote a post a couple of months ago about Being There (http://obf0908.blogspot.com/2014/05/movie-spotlight-being-there.html)

4) His episode of The Muppets
I know this isn't a movie but he was wonderful on The Muppet Show

5)Dr. Strangelove

I did not make this .gif file and take no credit for it.



Now, I'm off to watch and remember the great Peter Sellers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment